Tmj Pain Treatment in Toronto
We will discuss your symptoms and examine your jaw.
- When you open and close your mouth, pay attention to and feel your jaw.
- Examine your jaw's range of motion.
- To find regions of pain or discomfort around your jaw, press on them.
If we suspect a problem, you may need:
- X-rays of your teeth and jaw to inspect them.
- A CT scan is used to obtain detailed images of the bones that make up the joint.
- An MRI can detect abnormalities with the joint's disc or the soft tissue that surrounds it.
TMJ arthroscopy is occasionally used to diagnose TMJ disorders. A short thin tube (cannula) is placed into the joint space during TMJ arthroscopy, and a small camera (arthroscope) is then inserted to view the area and help identify a diagnosis.
What is Tmj Pain Treatment?
TMJ (temporomandibular joint) pain refers to discomfort or pain in the jaw joint and surrounding muscles. It can result from various factors, such as jaw misalignment, teeth grinding or clenching, stress, arthritis, or injury.
TMJ pain treatment aims to alleviate the symptoms and improve the function of the jaw joint. Here are some common treatment approaches that Saranya Dental offers:
- Pain medication: Over-the-counter pain relievers or prescription medications may be recommended to manage TMJ pain.
- Heat or cold therapy: Applying heat or cold packs to the affected area can help reduce inflammation and alleviate discomfort.
- Jaw exercises: Specific exercises can help improve jaw mobility and strengthen the muscles around the jaw joint.
- Splints or mouthguards: Custom-made oral appliances can be used to stabilize the jaw, reduce clenching or grinding, and alleviate TMJ pain.
- Occlusal equilibration: The dentist can adjust the bite by reshaping the teeth to create a more harmonious alignment and reduce strain on the jaw joint.
- Orthodontic treatment: In cases where malocclusion (misalignment of the teeth) contributes to TMJ pain, orthodontic treatment may be recommended to correct the bite.
- Dental crowns, bridges, or veneers: If TMJ pain is caused by damaged or worn teeth, dental restorations can help restore the proper bite alignment and alleviate symptoms.
- Stress management techniques: Since stress can exacerbate TMJ pain, learning stress reduction techniques can be beneficial.
- Dietary modifications: Avoiding hard, chewy foods and opting for softer textures can help reduce jaw strain.
- Physical therapy: TMJ exercises, manual therapy, and other techniques administered by a physical therapist can help relieve TMJ pain.
- Injections: In some cases, corticosteroid injections or Botox injections into the jaw muscles may be considered for pain relief.
It's important to note that the specific treatment approach for TMJ pain can vary depending on the individual's condition and its underlying causes. It's best to consult with Saranya Dental directly to understand the specific TMJ pain treatments we offer in Etobicoke and how we can tailor our services to your unique needs.
TMJ Pain Treatment in Toronto
If you are suffering from jaw pain, clicking of jaws, locking of jaw joints, this could be due to TMJ. At our clinic, we understand that TMJ can be extremely painful and can make daily activities such as eating, talking difficult. We offer effective and reliable treatment for TMJ.
Our team of dentists specialize in offering quality treatments, we will take an x-ray of your jaws, understand the issues and suggest suitable treatment. Our treatment will help you ease your pain and also manage the condition better. To book an appointment, please get in touch with us.
How we can help?
At Saranya Dental, we understand the discomfort and pain that comes with TMJ disorders. We offer a range of treatments to help alleviate your symptoms and get you back to enjoying your life pain-free. Our team of experienced dentists will work with you to develop a personalized treatment plan that suits your individual needs. We may recommend a combination of different therapies, such as oral appliance therapy, botox injections, or physiotherapy.
Oral appliance therapy involves wearing a custom-made mouthguard at night to prevent teeth grinding and clenching. This can help to reduce inflammation and pain in the TMJ joint. Botox injections can also help to relieve pain by relaxing the muscles around the joint. Physiotherapy exercises can help to strengthen the muscles and improve joint function. If you are suffering from TMJ pain, don't hesitate to contact Saranya Dental today. We will work with you to find the best possible treatment option to relieve your symptoms and get you back to enjoying your life pain-free.
Free On-site parking
Complimentary coffee, Juice